Here’s the list of foods you simply cannot have on this diet
- Sugar, honey maple syrup or agave nectar
- Limit any naturally sweetened drink to no more than two per day
- Peanut butter
- Dairy – cheese, yogurt, milk, etc.
- Soy – including soy sauce (except if you are vegan in Phase2!)
- Refined sugar
- Caffeine – including black tea, green tea and white tea
- Dried fruit – including raisins, dried cranberries, dried apricots
- Fruit juices – now I think she means only store bought juices because they contain sugar, preservatives, etc. But her recipes include smoothies, so you can make homemade juices without any added sugars.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Fat-free diet foods – no frozen diet dinners, no packaged junk food, pre-packaged 100 calorie snacks
Also, I find it strange that even though she hasn’t explicitly mentioned this in the book, it looks like you can’t have potatoes either! They’re not on any of the food lists of any of the phases. Only sweet potatoes/yams, so I guess that means: